- Marazion 10k 2015 Don’t miss out !Our race is the second in the 2015 GP schedule and is being held on 1st February 2015 at 11am.
Entries for the above race will open at midnight on Sat 1 November 2014 and will fill very quickly. All entries will be online on a first come first served basis, with no club entry block bookings. No paper applications will be accepted and, as in previous years, there will be no entries on the day. The website address to enter is www.marazion10k.uk which will link to the Run Britain online entry system. (Don’t try before 1 Nov – it won’t work!) The race memento is likely to be a tech t-shirt, either long or short sleeved. Further race details can be found at the Marazion 10k tab at the top of this page.
- Track is on a break for 3 weeks after 30 October, we then have three weeks until the Xmas break and will start again on 8 Jan 2015!
Track Schedule Many thanks to our amazing coaches Charlotte Bennett and Scott Abraham.
- Edinburgh Marathon 2015. Hayle Runners have had a series of successful trips to the Edinburgh Marathon Festival over recent years. In 2014 Eleven members of the club took part in the Edinburgh Marathon and the Half Marathon with a number of personal best being achieved. Susan Chapman is now asking for anyone interested in joining the trip in 2015 to indicate their interest. The festival is on 30/31 May. The group has it’s own facebook group to make sure you are aware of the options.
- London Marathon 2015 Congratulations if your have a place in the London Marathon. If you have a place why not join our club trip. We offer help with travel and hotel arrangements and well as entertainment options. We also have members running Spring marathons in Brighton, Paris, Edinburgh and Stratford upon Avon where places are still available. Whichever one you choose we have training plans and support available from our coaches. Speak to Scott Abraham on a Tuesday club night or message him via Facebook We also have Marathon training every Sunday when there is no GP race from now on. See next Sunday run under our training tab.
- Congratulations to Rich Savage, Faye Toms and Nick Masters for their excellent runs at the Berlin Marathon.
- Great results at Eden and Dartmoor Vale
Over the weekend Hayle Runners were out in force competing in the Eden Marathon and half Marathon and the Dartmoor Vale Half Marathon near Newton Abbot and came back with some great results. A large group from the club travelled to Devon to take part in the Dartmoor Vale half marathon and Hayle Runners dominated the results. The overall winner of the race was Jordan Morant in 1 hour 18 minutes and 44 seconds, Scott Abraham was fourth overall and third in his 40-44 age groups in 1 hour 24 minutes and 37 seconds and Emma Schuck was fifth overall and winner of the women’s race in 1 hour 24 minutes 57 seconds. There were also age category prizes for Debbie Webb, Naomi Connon and Mickee Jelf. At the Eden Marathon Charlotte Bennett was second woman overall, winning her 40-44 year category and helping the women’s team to second place where she was supported by Andrea Spencer-Smith and Fiona Ruetsch. Richard Mayes and Simon Timms also completed the full distance. At the Eden half marathon Nick Masters led the team home and Melody Manners was first Hayle runners female finisher.
Club Captain Craig Tonkin commented ‘We had some great results at the weekend with Hayle Runners throughout the races achieving good results. We are now approaching the run up to Christmas when the club welcomes new members who want to join us to help with their own training for their half and full marathons ambition. Our club coaches can provide support with training plans as well as the opportunity to join with colleagues for longer training runs.’
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2015 announced. Details will be updated on this site shortly.
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.