- Bideford and Bath half Marathons. Hayle Runners ventured out of the County to take part in two half marathons last Sunday. Members of the team took part in the Bideford Half Marathon and the Bath Half Marathon. For more details see this Press Release.
- Hannah has been improving. One of Hayle Runners younger members has been awarded the clubs trophy for its most improved female runner. Hannah Smith, 18 from Godolphin Bridge graduated from the clubs junior section and has competed for the last two years in the Cornwall Road Running groups Junior Grand Prix. For more details see this Press Release.
- Falmouth Half Marathon. Entries are now open for the 2014 Falmouth Half marathon on Sunday 16th March from Falmouth Town Centre. Entries for Hayle Runners can be made online or via our Facebook Entries page.
- Race Night for a Defibrillator. There will be a Race Night at the rugby club in order to raise funds to purchase a defibrillator for use by all the people, old and young that use the Rugby Club or are in the area. The Defibrillator is to be located outside the club for 24 hour use. If you are interested in helping out whilst having fun, see this Poster.
- PB Tables. The PB Tables have been updated to mark the end of the 2013 running year. See how you progressed last year before the tables are updated with the 2014 progress after Stormforce.
- Track is back! Track continues for another 10 weeks with a new Track Schedule from the 9th January thanks to our amazing coach Simon Grose. There will also be a Development Group led by Susan Chapman and Jackie O’Keefe to help introduce people to track training.
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2014 announced. See the 2014 GP Race Series, the 2014 MTRS Series and 2014 Races.
- Why not start running in the New Year? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Hayle Runners AGM. The AGM was held on Tuesday 13 August at Hayle Rugby Club – the agenda included reports and election of the committee. Please see the 2013 Presidents Report.
- Coastal Quest 630. In March next year a Cornish man, now living in Canada, called Martin Parnell, is intending to run the 630 miles of coastal footpath from Minehead to Pool. This is Martin’s Schedule. He has done other ‘Quests’ in the past, including running 250 Marathons in 1 year & running up Mt Kilinmanjaro!! In aid of the charity Right to Play. We are looking for local runners to accompany him every day, on his run in Cornwall. As you can see his pace is not fast. Runners who join him for a day will be transported back to their starting point at the end of the day. Anyone interested in running any part of the Cornish Coastal path with him, can contact Caroline on 01326 574184 or email at email@example.com. Hayle Runners are invited to the St Ives Rotary Club Annual Dinner and Dance at which Martin will be speaking. This is on the 14th March at the Carbis Bay Hotel. More Details here.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are in the process of setting up a non competitive weekly timed run to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Starting on Thursday 25 April Hayle Runners Sportivate Project aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a course specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
Support Carn Brea Leisure Centre. Cornwall Council wants to sell off the land currently leased by Carn brea Leisure Trust, move the running track and take part of the proceeds out of this area. This ends any prospect of building a new leisure centre. Local people say that ALL the proceeds should be used to provide a new running track locally (Camborne/Redruth) and a new leisure centre at Carn Brea. There is also a facebook group for the public to show their support for Carn Brea Leisure Centre, help protect our assets and join the cause.
Run England. “Run England is the new recreational running programme for newcomers and beginner runners, organised by England Athletics. There are almost 700 affiliated Run England groups around the country and 14,000 members. To join free and get updates on events, beginners groups, leaders courses, clubs and for exclusive Run England discounts, click here”
Entries for GP races are now being taken online or via our Facebook Entries page. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place. A plea from our lovely captains. Please please can you get to races where the club has done your entry at least an hour before the start. This is important because it allows Craig, Faye and Rachel time to sort the paperwork (on your behalf), check entries and hand it over before they get ready for the race themselves. Thanks.
- Falmouth Half Marathon - 13.1 miles - 16th March from Falmouth Town Centre – Entries so far