Race Entries. Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
co.uk is now live and will automatically point at the next race. Any members who have difficulty can enter via Sarah Newing at the club on Tuesday evenings. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place.
- AGM. Date for you Diary - Take notice that Hayle Runners AGM will be held on Tuesday 19 August at 7pm in the Rugby Club, Agenda will include annual report and accounts and election of committee members followed by food and raffle. Please come along and support your club. They will be vacancies on the committee so if you are interested in finding out email Andy Moore or catch me or another committee member on at a club night.
- Track is back! Track continues for another 10 weeks with a new Track Schedule from the 3rd April thanks to our amazing coach Simon Grose. There will also be a Development Group led by Susan Chapman and Jackie O’Keefe to help introduce people to track training.
- Cubert GP Race. The racing season gets fully underway in June with races every week .The Cubert 5 mile race near Newquay has one of the fastest courses in Cornwall and attracts a large entry. This year was no exception with more than 50 Hayle Runners taking part. For more details see thi sPress Release, the Race Results and the GP after 6 Cubert.
- Edinburgh Marathon 2014. Hayle Runners are celebrating a successful trip to the Edinburgh Marathon Festival. Eleven members of the club took part in the Edinburgh Marathon and the Half Marathon with a number of personal best being achieved. For more details see this Press Release.
- Trevornick GP Race. Hayle Runners had 30 of it’s members racing in the Trevornick 10 mile race. They took on the challenging course around Cubert Common which is the most undulating race in the Cornwall Glass and Glazing Grand Prix series and came back with a series of trophies. For more details see this Press Release, the Race Results and GP after 5 Trevornick.
- London Marathon 2014. Hayle Runners are celebrating a successful trip to the London Marathon with many of their members achieving personal bests-for the distance as well as a number of first timers enjoying their debut. For more details see this Press Release.
- Alun runs Brighton. Alun Evans from Hayle has raised £400 for Guide dogs for the Blind by running the Brighton Marathon. For more details see this Press Release.
- Pilates discount for Hayle Runners. Body Restoration have set up new classes in Hayle and are offering Hayle Runners 10% off any services, except drop in classes with voucher code is HR10. Their website is www.bodyrestoration.co.uk if you are interested.
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2014 announced. See the 2014 GP Race Series, the 2014 MTRS Series and 2014 Races.
- Why not start running in the New Year? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Hayle Runners AGM. The AGM was held on Tuesday 13 August at Hayle Rugby Club – the agenda included reports and election of the committee. Please see the 2013 Presidents Report.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are in the process of setting up a non competitive weekly timed run to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Starting on Thursday 25 April Hayle Runners Sportivate Project aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a course specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
Support Carn Brea Leisure Centre. Cornwall Council wants to sell off the land currently leased by Carn brea Leisure Trust, move the running track and take part of the proceeds out of this area. This ends any prospect of building a new leisure centre. Local people say that ALL the proceeds should be used to provide a new running track locally (Camborne/Redruth) and a new leisure centre at Carn Brea. There is also a facebook group for the public to show their support for Carn Brea Leisure Centre, help protect our assets and join the cause.
Run England. “Run England is the new recreational running programme for newcomers and beginner runners, organised by England Athletics. There are almost 700 affiliated Run England groups around the country and 14,000 members. To join free and get updates on events, beginners groups, leaders courses, clubs and for exclusive Run England discounts, click here”
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
- Sticker - 5 miles - 14th June from Sticker Football Club - Entries so far