- Marazion 10k 2015 is now full. Our race is the second in the 2015 GP schedule and is being held on 1st February 2015 at 11am. Further race details can be found at the Marazion 10k page.
- The Malcolm Date Handicap race. It does not happen often but at the Hayle Runners club handicap race on Sunday a gun toting fairy tore through half the field to win the race. The occasion was the annual Hayle Runners race for the Malcolm Date trophy. For more details and the race results see this Press Release.
- Club Runs over Christmas and the New Year period. Dec 11th Last week of track until 8th Jan. Dec 16th Mousehole lights Run from the car park opposite the Jubilee Pool and afterwards food and raffle at the Dock Inn. (please bring a donation for the collection buckets and where something festive) No run from the Rugby Club that night. Sunday 21st and 28th a run will be organised and published on Facebook and on the website. Club runs as usual on Tuesday 23 and 30th December (if you are visiting Angarrack lights please bring a coin) but no Thursday run on Xmas day, so not at the club on Thursday 25th or Jan 1st. There is a run in the morning of 1st Jan organised by Howard at 10am from Gwinear Villgae Hall. Back to normal from Tuesday 6th Jan.
- Race for Wildlife. A number of Hayle Runners took part in the Race For Wildlife on Sunday. The race was organised by Mounts Bay Harriers as part of the Cornwall multi terrain series in support of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust. For more details see this Press Release, the Race Results and the MTRS after 3 Events Remembrance Run MTRS 14.15.
- Track. At the Track we take a break after 11th December and return on 8 January..Click here for the schedule Track-Nov-2014 and will start again on 8 Jan 2015. Many thanks to our amazing coaches Charlotte Bennett and Scott Abraham.
- London Marathon 2015 Congratulations if your have a place in the London Marathon. If you have a place why not join our club trip. We offer help with travel and hotel arrangements and well as entertainment options. We also have members running Spring marathons in Brighton, Paris, Edinburgh and Stratford upon Avon where places are still available. Whichever one you choose we have training plans and support available from our coaches. Speak to Scott Abraham on a Tuesday club night or message him via Facebook We also have Marathon training every Sunday when there is no GP race from now on. See the Next Sunday Run page.
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2015 announced. Details will be updated on this site shortly but in the meantime we have a provisional race diary here Race Diary 2015 for 2015. The dates in green have been confirmed, please check with the organisers before you set off!
- Hayle Runners Race Entries for GP races are now being taken online. www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
co.uk is now live and will automatically point at the next race. Any members who have difficulty can enter via Sarah Newing at the club on Tuesday evenings. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place.
- Why not start running in the New Year? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are following up the success of Lanhydrock Parkrun by setting up a non competitive weekly timed run at Penrose estate Helston in January. The aim is to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Hayle Runners aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a series of sessions specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
- Down here on holiday? Visitors, fast or slow, are always welcome to run with us. Just turn up at about 6.45 at Hayle Rugby Club on a Tues (main club night) or Thurs night or Sunday morning session. Or call us first if you prefer.
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.