- Marazion 10k entries are now closed. The Marazion 10k had a club entry deadline of 30th November and is now full. There will be further announcements regarding the race shortly…..
- Coaches and Leaders Meeting. There will be a coaches and leaders meeting on Tuesday 3rd December at 8-45pm
approx at Loggans Moor (brewers Fayre). Agenda will include:- Tuesday groups-Any special groups ideas/planned?Thursday track schedule, Sunday run thoughts, 18 Jan Endurance workshop, Jan New members induction evening and Pete Robins workshop in March?
- Club Handicap. 10am on 14th December is the Malcolm date handicap race on the marazion 10k course . You are given a head start based on your 10k pb and anyone can win it . It’s free and only open to Hayle runners with a 10k pb time. It’s also compulsory fancy dress. It’s a great race for beginners and the winner gets a superb silver cup. If you would like to enter – please add your name to this Craig’s Facebook thread.
- Hayle Xmas Lights Run. Tuesday 17th December is the Hayle Runners Xmas light run. There will be no run from Hayle as we will all be running from Jubilee Pool in Penzance to Mousehole for the the Xmas Lights and back. There will be a little gathering in the Dock Inn afterwards as well. Come and get in the Xmas spirit!
- Hayle Runners Recognised. Two members of Hayle Runners have been recognised by the Cornwall Road Running group for their achievement in races. Adrian Bastian wins Most Improved and Helen Rule never misses a race. For more details read this Press Release.
- RAF Sportsman of the Year. Hayle Runner Pete Ellis has been announced as winner of the RAF Sportsman of the Year award. For more information read this Press Release.
- South West Cross Country Championships. entries are now open for the England Athletics SW Cross Country Championships 2014. This event is to be held at Killerton House, Nr Exeter on Sunday 5th January 2014. For more details read this Information.
- Track. Track continues for another 9 weeks with a new Track Schedule from the 10th October thanks to our amazing coach Simon Grose. There will also be a Development Group led by Susan Chapman and Jackie O’Keefe to help introduce people to track training.
- Reflective vests required. It is getting darker in the evening so it is important that runners wear clothing that will get them noticed by traffic. Please wear reflective vests if you have them. If you want to buy a Hayle Runners reflective bib they cost £9 and Andy Moore will have them most Tuesday’s.
- Hayle Runners AGM. The AGM was held on Tuesday 13 August at Hayle Rugby Club – the agenda included reports and election of the committee. Please see the 2013 Presidents Report.
- Coastal Quest 630. In March next year a Cornish man, now living in Canada, called Martin Parnell, is intending to run the 630 miles of coastal footpath from Minehead to Pool. This is Martin’s Schedule. He has done other ‘Quests’ in the past, including running 250 Marathons in 1 year & running up Mt Kilinmanjaro!! In aid of the charity Right to Play. We are looking for local runners to accompany him every day, on his run in Cornwall. As you can see his pace is not fast. Runners who join him for a day will be transported back to their starting point at the end of the day. Anyone interested in running any part of the Cornish Coastal path with him, can contact Caroline on 01326 574184 or email at email@example.com.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are in the process of setting up a non competitive weekly timed run to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- Paris marathon trip. Newquay Road Runners are organising a Paris Marthon trip for 2014 and Hayle Runners are welcome to join them. Paris Marathon Trip.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Starting on Thursday 25 April Hayle Runners Sportivate Project aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a course specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
Support Carn Brea Leisure Centre. Cornwall Council wants to sell off the land currently leased by Carn brea Leisure Trust, move the running track and take part of the proceeds out of this area. This ends any prospect of building a new leisure centre. Local people say that ALL the proceeds should be used to provide a new running track locally (Camborne/Redruth) and a new leisure centre at Carn Brea. There is also a facebook group for the public to show their support for Carn Brea Leisure Centre, help protect our assets and join the cause.
Run England. “Run England is the new recreational running programme for newcomers and beginner runners, organised by England Athletics. There are almost 700 affiliated Run England groups around the country and 14,000 members. To join free and get updates on events, beginners groups, leaders courses, clubs and for exclusive Run England discounts, click here”
Entries for GP races are now being taken online or via our Facebook Entries page. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place. A plea from our lovely captains. Please please can you get to races where the club has done your entry at least an hour before the start. This is important because it allows Craig, Faye and Rachel time to sort the paperwork (on your behalf), check entries and hand it over before they get ready for the race themselves. Thanks.