- Marazion 10k 2015. Many thanks to the runners, helpers and supporters at the Marazion 10k. Our race would not be possible without you help. Particular thanks to our sponsors www.fresh-cornish-fish.co.uk, ASDA and the Co-op and the community of Marazion and surrounding villages for their help and patience whilst the event was in progress. For more details of the race see this Press Release, the Race Results and the GP after 2 Marazion 10k.
- Track. Track is back from 8 January. Here is the schedule for the first 8 weeks of the year. Many thanks to our amazing coaches Charlotte Bennett and Scott Abraham.
- Hayle Runners make their mark. March is a very busy time for Half Marathons with many runners competing as part of their spring marathon preparations. Members of Hayle Runners travelled out of County to take part in two half marathons. For more details see this Press Release.
- Falmouth Half Marathon. Hayle Runners are celebrating success at the Falmouth Half Marathon, the third round of the Cornwall Glass and Glazing Grand Prix Series. The Falmouth Half is one of the toughest races in the annual series and it tends to attract endurance specialists from across the region as well some of Cornwall’s best. For more details see this Press Release and the Race Results.
- Hayle Runners get out and about. Hayle Runners have been getting out and about over the last couple of weeks taking part in large and small events across the south west. For more details see this Press Release.
- Hayle Runners Marathon training is well underway. Hayle Runners spring marathon training is well underway with members of the club running in Marathons taking place in Brighton, Bournemouth, Stratford upon Avon, Edinburgh, Paris and London. For more details see this Press Release.
- Membership is now due. Membership is due from 1st March and cost £35 per year including English Athletics subscription. For members renewing by cash, cheque or Bank transfer by 31st March there is a reduction of £2. Under 20’s pay £15. See membership pages above for forms and further details.
- London Marathon 2015. Congratulations if your have a place in the London Marathon. If you have a place why not join our club trip. We offer help with travel and hotel arrangements and well as entertainment options. We also have members running Spring marathons in Brighton, Paris, Edinburgh and Stratford upon Avon where places are still available. Whichever one you choose we have training plans and support available from our coaches. Speak to Scott Abraham on a Tuesday club night or message him via Facebook We also have Marathon training every Sunday when there is no GP race from now on. See the Next Sunday Run page.
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2015 announced. Details will be updated on this site shortly but in the meantime we have a provisional race diary here Race Diary 2015 for 2015. The dates in green have been confirmed, please check with the organisers before you set off!
- Hayle Runners Race Entries for GP races are now being taken online. www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
co.uk is now live and will automatically point at the next race. Any members who have difficulty can enter via Sarah Newing at the club on Tuesday evenings. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place.
- Why not start running in the New Year? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are following up the success of Lanhydrock Parkrun by setting up a non competitive weekly timed run at Penrose estate Helston in January. The aim is to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Hayle Runners aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a series of sessions specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
- Down here on holiday? Visitors, fast or slow, are always welcome to run with us. Just turn up at about 6.45 at Hayle Rugby Club on a Tues (main club night) or Thurs night or Sunday morning session. Or call us first if you prefer.
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.