- Marazion 10k 2015 is now full. Our race is the second in the 2015 GP schedule and is being held on 1st February 2015 at 11am. Further race details can be found at the Marazion 10k page.
- Track. Track is back from 8 January. Here is the schedule for the first 8 weeks of the year. Many thanks to our amazing coaches Charlotte Bennett and Scott Abraham.
- Marazion 10k Preview. Sunday (1st February) will see the County’s best roadrunners competing in west Cornwall as part of the second event of the Cornish Road Running’s Cornwall Glass and Glazing Grand Prix series. For the Preview see this Press Release.
- Marazion 10k Helpers. Here is the Jobs List 2015 (updated 23/01/15) for the Marazion 10k and the Car Parking Plan. Please note some people are doing multiple jobs. Let me know of any problems. Really important: ** Anyone who is both helping and running needs to register and pick up their number BEFORE going out to do their jobs. Many thanks in advance for your help. If you weren’t doing this, there would be no race. Thanks Wendy Pascoe.
- Hayle Runners get the year off to a Flying Start. Hayle Runners were out in full force at the Stormforce 10,the first Cornish Grand Prix race of the year. For more details see this Press Release, the Race Results and the GP after 1 Stormforce 10.
- Susie is the Hayle Runners Coach of the year. Susie Mackintosh who is the principle leader Hayle Runners walk and run group has become the first winner of the Simon Grose Trophy awarded to Hayle Runners Coach/Group Leader of the year voted for by members of the club. For more details see this Press Release.
- London Marathon 2015. Congratulations if your have a place in the London Marathon. If you have a place why not join our club trip. We offer help with travel and hotel arrangements and well as entertainment options. We also have members running Spring marathons in Brighton, Paris, Edinburgh and Stratford upon Avon where places are still available. Whichever one you choose we have training plans and support available from our coaches. Speak to Scott Abraham on a Tuesday club night or message him via Facebook We also have Marathon training every Sunday when there is no GP race from now on. See the Next Sunday Run page.
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2015 announced. Details will be updated on this site shortly but in the meantime we have a provisional race diary here Race Diary 2015 for 2015. The dates in green have been confirmed, please check with the organisers before you set off!
- Hayle Runners Race Entries for GP races are now being taken online. www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
co.uk is now live and will automatically point at the next race. Any members who have difficulty can enter via Sarah Newing at the club on Tuesday evenings. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place.
- Why not start running in the New Year? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are following up the success of Lanhydrock Parkrun by setting up a non competitive weekly timed run at Penrose estate Helston in January. The aim is to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Hayle Runners aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a series of sessions specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
- Down here on holiday? Visitors, fast or slow, are always welcome to run with us. Just turn up at about 6.45 at Hayle Rugby Club on a Tues (main club night) or Thurs night or Sunday morning session. Or call us first if you prefer.
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.