- Race for Life Wednesday the 27th May: Come and join us for a fun evening and help cancer research raise £50,000 +. Volunteers are needed to help Phil Rowe at the Race for Life in Penzance; you will need to be available from 5:30 pm through to 9 pm. Phil needs marshals, a sweeper and finish line helpers. He will need in excess of 35 people so please don’t be shy and hang back. It’s Hayle Runners that make the race for life happen in Penzance; without your support it just wouldn’t work. Register on line with Cancer Research using this link
Volunteer – Support our events – Race for Life – Cancer Research UK
Select Penzance as the race, put your organisation as “Hayle Runners” and say you want to be a marshal. Then let Phil know you have registered. Until Phil gets the 35 he needs he will have sleepless nights and be pulling his hair out so do volunteer sooner than later. Many thanks.
- Hayle Runners get the wind in their sails. Hayle Runners had the opportunity to run close to home at the weekend competing in the An Resek Hellys ten mile multi terrain race at Helston. For more details read this Press Release, the Race Results and the GP after 4 An Res.
- Hayle Juniors excel. Hayle Runners Juniors are celebrating a great set of results from the weekends Coose Trannack Cross Country. For more details read this Press Release.
- Hayle Runners tackle ‘The Dark’. Off road races are becoming more and more popular but ‘The Dark’ is something different. For more details read this Press Release.
- Hayle Runners announce details of this years St Ives Bay 10k. The race is being held on Tuesday 26 May at 7pm ( with a 1 mile fun run at 6pm). Registration is from Hayle Surf Life Saving Club on Riviera Towans. Entries and more details on http://www.stivesbay10k.co.uk/
- Falmouth Half Marathon. Hayle Runners are celebrating success at the Falmouth Half Marathon, the third round of the Cornwall Glass and Glazing Grand Prix Series. The Falmouth Half is one of the toughest races in the annual series and it tends to attract endurance specialists from across the region as well some of Cornwall’s best. For more details see this Press Release, the Race Results and the GP after 3 Falmouth Half.
- Hayle Runners get out and about. Hayle Runners have been getting out and about over the last couple of weeks taking part in large and small events across the south west. For more details see this Press Release.
- Hayle Runners Marathon training is well underway. Hayle Runners spring marathon training is well underway with members of the club running in Marathons taking place in Brighton, Bournemouth, Stratford upon Avon, Edinburgh, Paris and London. For more details see this Press Release.
- Membership is now due. Membership is due from 1st March and cost £35 per year including English Athletics subscription. Members can renewing by cash or cheque at the club on Tuesday to Rachel or Track on Thursdays to Andy or Bank transfer (details from Jackie). You can also pay by PayPal ( although this costs us a fee) Under 20’s pay £15. See membership pages above for forms and further details.
- London Marathon 2015. Congratulations if your have a place in the London Marathon. If you have a place why not join our club trip. We offer help with travel and hotel arrangements and well as entertainment options. We also have members running Spring marathons in Brighton, Paris, Edinburgh and Stratford upon Avon where places are still available. Whichever one you choose we have training plans and support available from our coaches. Speak to Scott Abraham on a Tuesday club night or message him via Facebook We also have Marathon training every Sunday when there is no GP race from now on. See the Next Sunday Run page.
- Hayle Runners Race Entries for GP races are now being taken online. www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
co.uk is now live and will automatically point at the next race. Any members who have difficulty can enter via Sarah Newing at the club on Tuesday evenings. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place.
- Why not start running? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Parkrun. Park Run is now on at Penrose estate Helston every Saturday at 9am. It is free to enter but you do need to download a bar code from the Park Run website if you want an official time. They also need helpers as well.You can either do this on line or speak to Diane Warren at the club.li>
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Hayle Runners aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a series of sessions specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
- Down here on holiday? Visitors, fast or slow, are always welcome to run with us. Just turn up at about 6.45 at Hayle Rugby Club on a Tues (main club night) or Thurs night or Sunday morning session. Or call us first if you prefer.
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.