- Marazion 10k 2015 is now full. Our race is the second in the 2015 GP schedule and is being held on 1st February 2015 at 11am. Further race details can be found at the Marazion 10k page.
- Planning Application Public Meeting. There is a Public meeting on Thursday 27th November at Hayle Community School at 6pm to discuss the planning application at Hayle Rugby Club. Please attend to support Jackie O’Keeffe and Simon Knowles who will hopefully get the opportunity to explain how much we need the new facilities the planning approval would bring and allow Hayle Runners to continue to flourish.
- Track is on a break for 3 weeks after 30 October. We then have three weeks from 27th November until the Xmas break.Click here for the schedule Track-Nov-2014 and will start again on 8 Jan 2015. Many thanks to our amazing coaches Charlotte Bennett and Scott Abraham.
- Mousehole Lights Run. Our Annual Mousehole lights run is on Tuesday 16th December at 7pm. We assemble at 6-45pm in the car park opposite the Jubilee Pool and head off in a group to the lights have a good look around and then come back for a social, refreshments and a raffle at The Dock Inn. Everyone is welcome so bring your friends. Remember to wear something Christmasy hats/lights etc and bring some change for the collection tin at Mousehole. Not to be missed it is always a great night. There will be no run from the Rugby Club that night.
- London Marathon 2015 Congratulations if your have a place in the London Marathon. If you have a place why not join our club trip. We offer help with travel and hotel arrangements and well as entertainment options. We also have members running Spring marathons in Brighton, Paris, Edinburgh and Stratford upon Avon where places are still available. Whichever one you choose we have training plans and support available from our coaches. Speak to Scott Abraham on a Tuesday club night or message him via Facebook We also have Marathon training every Sunday when there is no GP race from now on. See the Next Sunday Run page.
- Voting is shortly to end to pick the winner of the Simon Grose trophy awarded to Hayle Runners Coach/Leader of the Year. A ballot box is at the club on 25th November. If you can’t make it you can email or personal message Andy Moore.
- Tremendous run at the Falmouth Mob Match. 31 club members competed in this team event on Sunday 23rd November. Dan Costello led the team home with men’s captain Simon Knowles in second. Narina Shorland was the first woman home for the second week in succession closely followed by the rapidly improving Ellen Bastiani. Full results here mobmatch results 2014
- Message from Club Captain Craig Tonkin. ‘ Hayle Runners has just finished it’s most successful season yet taking second place in both the men’s and women’s team competition in the Cornish Grand Prix. We received an award for the most participants in the series and won the cumulative A+B team competition. We also had some great individual results. Emma Schuck finishing second overall and 1st in her u35 age group in her first season. Jordan finishing third overall and 1st in his u35 age group, Charlotte Bennett and Scott Abraham taking 3rd place in their 40-44 age group. Diane Warren taking 2nd place in her 55-59 age group, Timothea Cardell and Stewart Townend winning their over 70 age group and Daniel Costello winning the under 20′s mini grand prix. Scott and Nicki Carter were also nominated for the County’s most improved male and female runners. Overall 35 members of the club did at least 8 races and two of our u20′s completed the mini grand prix. An excellent year’ Full GP tables are here GP 2014 after 15 Cornish
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2015 announced. Details will be updated on this site shortly but in the meantime we have a provisional race diary here Race Diary 2015 for 2015. The dates in green have been confirmed, please check with the organisers before you set off!
- Hayle Runners Race Entries for GP races are now being taken online. www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
co.uk is now live and will automatically point at the next race. Any members who have difficulty can enter via Sarah Newing at the club on Tuesday evenings. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place.
- Why not start running in the New Year? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are following up the success of Lanhydrock Parkrun by setting up a non competitive weekly timed run at Penrose estate Helston in January. The aim is to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Hayle Runners aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a series of sessions specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
- Down here on holiday? Visitors, fast or slow, are always welcome to run with us. Just turn up at about 6.45 at Hayle Rugby Club on a Tues (main club night) or Thurs night or Sunday morning session. Or call us first if you prefer.
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.