Race Entries. Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.
co.uk is now live and will automatically point at the next race. Any members who have difficulty can enter via Sarah Newing at the club on Tuesday evenings. Refunds can be made up to when the entry goes in (normally two weeks before) after that it becomes non refundable unless you or we can find someone to take your place.
- AGM. - Hayle Runners AGM was held on Tuesday 19 August at 7pm in the Rugby Club, Agenda included annual report and accounts and election of committee members followed by food and raffle. Many thanks to the more than 40 members who attended.
- Track is back! Track continues for another 10 weeks with a new Track Schedule from August thanks to our amazing coaches Charlotte Bennett and Scott Abraham.
- Marazion 10k 2015 Our race is the second in the 2015 GP schedule and is being held on 1st February 2015 at 11am.
Entries for the above race will open at midnight on Sat 1 November 2014. All entries will be online on a first come first served basis, with no club entry block bookings. No paper applications will be accepted and, as in previous years, there will be no entries on the day. The website address to enter is www.marazion10k.uk which will link to the Run Britain online entry system. (Don’t try before 1 Nov – it won’t work!) The race memento is likely to be a tech t-shirt, either long or short sleeved. Further race details can be found at the Marazion 10k tab at the top of this page.
- Edinburgh Marathon 2015. Hayle Runners have had a series of successful trips to the Edinburgh Marathon Festival over recent years. In 2014 Eleven members of the club took part in the Edinburgh Marathon and the Half Marathon with a number of personal best being achieved. Susan Chapman is now asking for anyone interested in joining the trip in 2015 to indicate their interest. The festival is on 30/31 May. The group has it’s own facebook group to make sure you are aware of the options.
- Newquay 10k GP Race. A strong performance from Hayle Runners teams and some brilliant individual performances was the order of the day ay the Newquay 10k. The women’s team took second place behind CAC but ahead of Newquay RR, led by Emma Schuck (1st u35) who was second overall, supported by Jane Khan (great to see you back Jane) who was third overall and 2nd u35, Charlotte Bennett ( 3rd 40-44),Lucy Paull, Faye Toms (only a week after her Berlin Marathon!) and Narina Shorland. The men were third behind CAC and Mile High led home by Jordan Morant (3rd u35),Scott Abraham, Rich Savage ( a week after his sub 3hr Berlin Marathon), Simon Knowles, Lewis Hill and Stuart Gill. Congratulations to Stuart who made the team for the first time. There were also individual trophies for Matt Curtis 3rd 35-39, Stewart Townend 1st 70-74 and Timothea Cardell 2nd over 70.There were also great runs throughout the club on a PB friendly course. Congratulations to Newquay RR for a well organised and marshalled course that was assisted by near perfect weather
- London Marathon 2015 Congratulations if your have a place in the London Marathon. If you have a place why not join our club trip. We offer help with travel and hotel arrangements and well as entertainment options. We also have members running Spring marathons in Brighton, Paris, Edinburgh and Stratford upon Avon where places are still available. Whichever one you choose we have training plans and support available from our coaches. Speak to Scott Abraham on a Tuesday club night or message him via Facebook We also have Marathon training every Sunday when there is no GP race from now on. See next Sunday run under our training tab.
- Congratulations to Rich Savage, Faye Toms and Nick Masters for their excellent runs at the Berlin Marathon.
- Great results at Eden and Dartmoor Vale
Over the weekend Hayle Runners were out in force competing in the Eden Marathon and half Marathon and the Dartmoor Vale Half Marathon near Newton Abbot and came back with some great results. A large group from the club travelled to Devon to take part in the Dartmoor Vale half marathon and Hayle Runners dominated the results. The overall winner of the race was Jordan Morant in 1 hour 18 minutes and 44 seconds, Scott Abraham was fourth overall and third in his 40-44 age groups in 1 hour 24 minutes and 37 seconds and Emma Schuck was fifth overall and winner of the women’s race in 1 hour 24 minutes 57 seconds. There were also age category prizes for Debbie Webb, Naomi Connon and Mickee Jelf. At the Eden Marathon Charlotte Bennett was second woman overall, winning her 40-44 year category and helping the women’s team to second place where she was supported by Andrea Spencer-Smith and Fiona Ruetsch. Richard Mayes and Simon Timms also completed the full distance. At the Eden half marathon Nick Masters led the team home and Melody Manners was first Hayle runners female finisher.
Club Captain Craig Tonkin commented ‘We had some great results at the weekend with Hayle Runners throughout the races achieving good results. We are now approaching the run up to Christmas when the club welcomes new members who want to join us to help with their own training for their half and full marathons ambition. Our club coaches can provide support with training plans as well as the opportunity to join with colleagues for longer training runs.’
- Cornish Grand Prix and Multi Terrain Series for 2015 announced. Details will be updated on this site shortly.
- Why not start running in the New Year? Join Hayle Runners as a beginner – more details here – January Run Cornwall.
- Parkrun. Cornwall Sports Partnership through Run Cornwall are following up the success of Lanhydrock Parkrun by setting up a non competitive weekly timed run at Penrose estate Helston in January.The aim is to enable runners to see how they are progressing and also to set themselves targets to aim to improve on. More Details on the project.
- ‘Give Running a Go’. Hayle Runners are calling on young people to come and give running a go at Carn Brea Leisure Centre on Thursday evenings at 7pm. Hayle Runners aims to attract 14-25 year olds to try out running supported by qualified Coaches and Leaders. This is the second time the club has run a course specifically aimed at young people and Scott Abraham the Project Co-ordinator feels it offers a great opportunity for those wanting to give the sport a try. For more details read this Press Release.
Entries for GP races are now being taken online – www.hayle-runners-race-entrys.